Good to know
After booking, check your booking confirmation to make sure it is correct to avoid misunderstandings.
Our cottages have duvets and pillows but sheets and towels you bring your own or pre-book for a fee. The cottage should be cleaned by the guest unless departure cleaning has been booked.
Check-in from 15:00.
When booking a camping pitch, please register your Camping ID or Camping Key Europe in advance, which is a requirement as we are an SCR-connected campsite.
Check-in from 15:00.
Contact us in advance at +46 565-167 70 or firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive instructions for unmanned check-in if you expect to arrive when the reception is closed.
Access card system
We have a card system to open the gate into the campsite, the doors of the service building and to get hot water for showers and washing machine/dryer.
Upon check-in, you will receive 2 cards to be returned at check-out. To wash and dry clothes, you need to load money on the cards.
Lost keys/access cards
Lost cabin key will be charged 500 SEK on departure. For access cards that have been lost, the fee is 50 SEK.
Cleaning products, washing-up liquid and toilet paper are available in the cottages. Toilet paper is only available in the cabins with shower & WC.
All our cottages are non smoking, in case of violation a clean-up fee of at least 3000 SEK is charged. The same fee also applies in cases where animals are taken to the animal-free cottages. Smoking is also not allowed in public areas of the campsite and in public places where others may be exposed to tobacco smoke, according to the Tobacco Act, which came into force on July 1, 2019.
Departure cleaning in cottages
If the cleaning is not done according to the instructions given at check-in, you will be charged the cost of a departure cleaning afterwards. The price varies depending on the size of the property.
should be performed as soon as possible, but no later than 11.00 a.m. the day after arrival. Errors that occur during the stay should be notified immediately to the reception so that we have the opportunity to fix them.
Residents are responsible for any damage caused to the property and its fixtures during the stay. It is also very important to inform the reception about this.
Environment and waste
Together it is important that we protect the environment. Here are some tips for making a difference:
- Do not wash under running water
- Sort your waste into designated containers at our environmental stations
- Charcoal should be thrown into designated containers at our environmental stations
- Please throw your deposit in our Pantamera bins, where all the money goes in full to the Swedish Childhood Cancer Fund.
From January 1, 2019 we use Grön El from Svensk Naturenergi. This is part of the Group's sustainability approach.
For us it is important that all guests at our facility should enjoy themselves. For this reason, there are rules of procedure developed in cooperation with the Nordic camping organizations that all guests must follow.
• Reverse into the pitch, the trailers towbar should always be placed towards the road. Motor homes should be reversed into the pitch.
• It is forbidden to make a fire in the area. When using disposable grills, the following must be borne in mind; grill directly on the grass is a fire hazard, grills and/or marching rails must not be placed on wood. Used grills should be placed in the special barrels found at the garbage stations.
• The use of petrol/diesel power plants in the area is prohibited.
• Check heating and lighting devices. Watch out for gas leaks.
• It is forbidden to share electrical outlets with anyone else, detection means immediate eviction.
• Always use approved cables. Electric cables must not be routed.
• Avoid smoking in tents and never smoke in the bed/sleeping bag.
• Extinguishing equipment through fire extinguishers is located all over the area, see map.
• If there is a fire; Act calmly! Warn or save your surroundings! Alert emergency services on 112. Put out or try to contain the fire, but first think about your own safety and the safety of others.
Information about service in the wintertime
From mid-September to the end of April, the reception is limited open. Unmanned check-in takes place via our green check-in box which is located to the right of the reception door. Upon arrival you will find an envelope with access card, cottage key, information and map of the area. Code to open the box is sent out a few days before arrival.
At check-out, put the keys back in the envelope and leave in our black express check-out box. This can be found next to the green check-in box.
Our family rooms with showers and toilets are open all year round, they are located both above and below the railway. Other showers and toilets are closed during the winter.
From about 1 October - 1 May, latrine emptying is only available at service house A above the railway. Grey water drainage is not available at the facility during the winter months.
A winter kitchen and laundry room are located on the south end of house A, above the railway.